TOPIC 06: ADVERTISING + TOPIC 07: SELLING
Describe an advertisement that persuaded you to buy a product. You should say:
What advertisement it was/ What was advertised
When and where you saw it/Was it shown on TV, radio or newspaper
What was good about that advertisement
Explain why do you think that advertisement attracted you to buy the product.
Well, I’m going to talk about an ad for Fami soymilk, which is one of the most popular brands in Vietnam. I saw an ad for Vinasoy on Facebook a few days ago while I was scrolling through my newsfeed.
In the short video advertisement, a man drinks Fami soymilk and tries to beat a mosquito on a stone table. Because the stone table was broken in half, it was so much fun. I think the goal is to attract all kinds of customers and connect the brand to a relationship, like a family, a group of friends, or love, in order to inspire them and bring them closer together.
I think it interested me so much because the plot is used in a clever and funny way that makes me think of the product. Marketers try to persuade and attract a lot of customers of all ages by telling them that their lives will be better if they buy their products.
1. Are there many advertisements in your country?
2. Why do you think there are so many advertisements now?
3. What are the various places where we see advertisements?
4. How do you feel about advertisements?
5. List some methods of selling you know? Give one example of sales promotion?
6. What ethical reasons could people have for not buying from a particular company? Are there any companies whose products or services you would never buy?
7. How can companies attract attention when they launch a new product? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using emails to contact customers?
8. You work in the sales department of a chain of hairdressing salons. How can you promote your salons to young people? Make some suggestions?
Xem thêm: Tại đây